Thursday, November 3, 2011

CHERUB

I've just started reading a new book:

CHERUB: Mission 1, The Recruit


Robert Muchamore wrote the Cherub series and these books have become very popular among the 7th- and 8th-grade boys! We've had holds on the two books in this series that we have in the middle school... my turn finally just came up for the first one and I started reading it this morning!

This book is about a boy, James Adams, who is part of CHERUB, the top-secret branch of the British Secret Service.

I'll be honest -- this is not my typical kind of book. I'm on chapter 4 now and already the book is a bit violent, scary, and intense for me BUT I'm into it and already can't put it down. I can already tell this will be the type of book that I read at night and then am too scared to fall asleep!

Fun Fact: Author, Robert Muchamore, was one of the authors for Write Path to write a story starter this year! He wrote the story starter that our students, Linh and Jeniffer, worked on!

There's at least one person on hold for this book after me... I hope to be able to finish it over the weekend... but let me know if you'd like to be put on hold for it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment